The last few days were rather gray days in my mind, I felt like I was down in the valley. On the outside, everything seemed fine to others, but I knew another reality. Then this delightful meditation came along. Hope it will benefit some else and brighten your day.
Struggling with your worth as a person…
Or despairing of life…
Or nursing your wounds over being hurt, shunned, or put down,
Do a reality check as to just who you are in the eyes of God:
- GOD HAS ALWAYS LOVED YOU – FROM ALL ETERNITY:
- GOD HAS ALWAYS PLANNED TO CHOSE YOU FOR HIMSELF:
- GOD THOUGHT ENOUGH OF YOU TO SPILL HIS SON’S BLOOD TO RESCUE YOU:
- GOD CONSIDERS YOU HIS SOLE POSSESSION:
- GOD HAS INVITED YOU INTO HIS FAMILY TO BE A JOINT-HEIR WITH HIS SON, JESUS:
So take heart, my fellow struggler – and heir. True, “we must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:22) But take comfort in knowing that Jesus is returning to take you with Him:
“They will see the Son of Man coming… with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place… lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” (Luke 21:27b, 28)
By Dwight Hill, Facts of the Matter: Daily Devotionals.